Monday, March 9, 2009

University of Maryland in COLLEGE PARK

A lot of you out there do not realize that we live minutes away from a college town. It is just "right around the corner" from us. I love to drive through and see all of the students on their way to and from classes. It reminds me of a time LONG AGO, when I was a student myself. The reason that my daughter, Julie (Jules to us...) came here to live, was because she was on vacation with her dad and brother one year in Washington D.C. When she came home she told me she was going to live there some day. I never doubted that she would do it. She was 8 years old at the time. Every goal she has set out to accomplish, she has attained. She is a very confident young lady, and makes me proud every day, just seeing what she has done with her life, and her role as a Mom is her greatest accomplishment!!

Jules came here for a certain job offer, but the company closed soon after she arrived. She applied at the University for a similar statistical research job, and she got it right away. She worked there for about five years, and then when that job was dismantled because of financial cuts, she found another similar job at a large company, which was also a better position for her.
She has been there ever since.

A couple of weeks ago I wanted to go over to the college and take some pictures of the Winter scenery, so when the cherry blossoms come to bloom, I can go back and take more pictures, so you can all see the contrast in seasons that we have down here. They are beautiful to see, and are in great abundance on every street you drive down.

I love the small town of College Park. It has many different kinds of shops and restaurants to choose from. I am including some of the pictures of the campus and town.








No comments: