Sunday, March 8, 2009

STARTING OVER!!

Alot has happened in the last couple of months. I left the church I was attending since we arrived in Riverdale in Oct., 2007, and went shopping for a new one. I was praying for a Calvary Chapel that would be close to drive to, but did not think it was possible. Of course "all things work to the good for all those who for all those who know God, and and are called according to His purpose." Romans, 8:28... I actually did find some very nice churches around here, and went to their services. Everyone I met was so friendly, and welcoming, but my heart was set on a Calvary Chapel after attending one for over 24 years. I finally found one which was 20 minutes away from my home, and I was so happy when I walked in there. I knew I had found my new home!! I met several wonderful people right away, and am going to a home bible study which is near my home on Wednesday nights. When Terry was well, we travelled quite a bit after we retired, and wherever we went, we ALWAYS found a Calvary Chapel! It was so comforting knowing that they were all the same, and we were always warmly welcomed.

I thank the Lord for giving me direction, and know He put me in a Calvary Chapel for a reason. I wish Ter could come to this church with me, but he is smiling right now, knowing that I am happy with my new church family.

I have even signed up for the ladies retreat coming up in July. I was never able to go to it before because of Ter's illnesses, and now I only live an hour's drive away from it, since it is located in Sandy Cove, Maryland. I am so anxious to see my Rochester friends when I get there. Ladies, if you are reading this right now, please look for me at the Cove, in July!



No comments: