Sunday, March 8, 2009

MY "ADOPTED" FAMILY STEPS OUT IN FAITH!


I HOPE YOU HAVE ALL READ ABOUT MY "ADOPTED FAMILY"........
Our assistant pastor from our previous church actually "adopted" Terry and myself about three weeks after we met him. Pastor Lawson is from Nigeria, and he has a wonderful wife named Kathrina, and a 3 year old daughter, Zoe. It took a long time, and lots of red tape to get them over here. I could say that we took him "under our wing" while he was waiting for his family, but actually it was quite the opposite! He was the one who reached out to us, helped us move 3 times, and was there for me when Terry was hospitalized so many times. There were several people who helped us of course, but only Lawson became our "son"!

Almost a year ago now, Lawson's family arrived and we were so excited to meet them. The first thing that Kathrina said to us was: "Hi Mum, Hi Dad"!! Zoe calls me "Miss Donna". It is tradition I guess, because wherever I go, I become, "Miss Donna".

Anyway, after 7 years of serving at that church, Pastor Lawson got a calling to go to Washington, D.C. (3 miles from us..), and evangelize the whole city, "one person at a time". He started a small church with the help of some good friends and family, and he is doing God's work each week by ministering to the people in the area where his church resides. He was "given" full use of the building for Sunday worship. He has made me so proud, not because he started the church, but because he followed the Lord's plan for his life.

Last week Kathrina gave birth to another baby girl, named Renee. Kathrina was only 6 months pregnant, and she had to have a Cesarean section, in order to save her own life. The baby weighed only 1.7 lbs., but came out yelling and breathing on her own. Please put this family, especially Renee in your prayers as soon as you read this, and please put her on all of your prayer chains. Thank you. I will keep you posted.

You may ask why I left the other church, because we were so happy there. All I will say is that it was necessary. I felt like a "man without a country" for several weeks, but I knew that the Lord had prompted me, in a unique way, to leave, so I did.

I do know that we were sent to that church for a reason, and that reason was to meet our wonderful new family, Pastor Lawson, Kathrina, Zoe, and now baby Renee. Praise God!!

No comments: