Sunday, March 8, 2009

EMILY'S BIRTHDAY-POLKA PARTY!!!!!!

Two weeks ago we attended a wondeerful birthday party at a dance hall/restaurant. It was the most fun I have had since we moved down here!

A couple of blogs ago, I wrote about the BLOCK PARTY in our neighborhood. It was there that I met Emily and Del. This is the couple who travels all over the world, and rides on elephants! Emily loves Elephants. She actually was able to have her own elephant to take care of for 3 whole day and nights! They were in Thailand, this time. I think Del loves her so much that he will do anything to make her happy...sort of like the relationship Terry and I had for 27 years.


Emily turned 70 on March 2nd, and of course Del threw a big party for her. He even wrote a love song for her, and got up and sang it to her from the orchestra pit. They are avid dancers, so of course it had to be at one of their favorite dance halls. The place was called "BLOBBS". (Quite an unusual name, but then, Emily and Del are very unique too..)

There was a live band and the majority of music played was the polka. (when I told our "adopted son," Lawson, about doing the POLKA, he said, "you went to a dance hall to play cards?"--He thought we were playing POKER!)

I remember doing the polka at all of my aunts' and uncles' weddings when I was a small kid up through teenagehood.
I always enjoyed the polka, and danced the night away many times with my uncles. They always gave up way too soon. (You might say, they "cried UNCLE"!!!) Ha Ha...

We danced with Seamus almost every dance, and he really picked it up very quickly. For a 3 year old young man, he was excellent. This time I HAD TO CRY UNCLE!!!

There was good food, birthday cake, and we danced the night away! A good time was had by all!!



No comments: