Monday, March 9, 2009

REVEREND BOBBI and SUE, my dear friends......


I have mentioned Reverend Bobbi several times to some of you. Here is a woman who loves the Lord with her whole being! She comes from a very different background than you could ever imagine. Her ministry is working with the homeless, poor, downtrodden, drug addicts, alcoholics, prostitutes, beaten women, people in jail, just out of jail,and anyone who needs help getting back on track. She knows no favorites. Whoever the Lord puts in her path, she will happily minister to. I have seen her find apartments or rooms for some people, when there were none to be found. She can get people in programs that no one else knows about! She has an inside track with the Lord and he keeps putting her with the right people at the right time, and they are getting saved by the dozens!! PRAISE JESUS!!

Many times when I am around her, she receives many many phone calls during the day or late into the night and early morning. She is constantly in touch with police, social workers, doctors, nurses, parents of run away kids, and anyone she can help. This woman is the most selfless person I have ever had the pleasure of working with, and calling her my friend is a priviledge, bestowed on me from above.

Reverend Bobbi's best friend is a wonderful lady named Sue. (I always say that they are attached at the hip.) Sue is the SECOND most selfless person I have ever met! She has a lovely home, and is always sharing it with people in need. She has a disease which demands extra oxygen at all times. This never gets her down, or stops her from helping others. Neither one of these ladies takes a salary for the work they do. They will get rewarded BIG TIME, later!

These two ladies are such a treasure to me. I thank the Lord for them every day. They have taught me humility, and compassion, above and beyond all that I have ever known.

Reverend Bobbi goes out into the woods and ministers to the homeless. (She calls them her "babies")....Some of them are fortunate enough to have tents, and others just sleep on the ground. She has done so much for these people with no expectation of anything in return.
She ALWAYS gives each baby a good dose of the bible, and prays with them.

A few weeks ago they both told me to keep a certain date on my calendar open. I did. They told me that they were going to "KIDNAP" me, and they did. We just drove and drove for a long time, and finally wound up in West Virginia someplace. There, they introduced me to one of their "babies", who was getting physical therapy at a V.A. hospital. He was a man who had just lost his wife in death, and had overcome his grief by prayer, and also by teaching the Word of God to many other men in that hospital. I was honored to make his aquaintance, and will not ever forget him, and how he helped me to understand my own loss of my dear best friend, my hubby.
God bless these 3 friends, and keep me in their company.

No comments: