Thursday, March 20, 2008

MY BIRTHDAY!!

I had a birthday on March 12th.
I turned 66 years old!
I can't believe I am that old, but that is what they tell me.
I feel like I am 45 years old, so that is what I stick with.

We had a wonderful surprise 2 days after my birthday.
Our son Woody and his family came for a visit!
It was so good to see them all, and especially just to be able to "hang out" at our apartment
and catch up on everything.

Terry gave me a wonderful little book that tells me all of his feelings for me, and it is so precious to me.

Jules and Seamus took us out for dinner to our favorite diner on the 12th. We are card members there, so you get a free dinner and a dessert. We enjoyed it very much.

On Saturday, which is when Wood and family arrived, we went to a restaurant called,"TEXAS ROADHOUSE. Pastor Ben had mentioned it in a sermon one day, and we decided to try it out because it sounded so good. Let me tell you something....He was RIGHT! We have never had such good food and service in our lives. When you go in, there is a meat case there with many different kinds of steaks, and you get to pick the one you want, and the way it is cooked. It was fantastic! The service was excellent also.

Of course they come around and sing to you for your birthday. I asked to decline on that one. They were very courteous about it, but they do bring a large horse saddle to your table, and ask you to sit on it for a picture. Guess what? I declined on that too. I told them that old ladies don't do that. We did get a nice picture of me with all three of my grandchildren on the saddle though, and I was very happy about that. The owner asked me how old I was and I told him 66. then he asked me how old I felt, and I told him 45, definitely! He made a huge announcement to the whole restaurant, "DONNA IS 45 YEARS OLD TODAY!" (EVERYONE HAD A GOOD LAUGH!)They brought me a huge piece of strawberry cheesecake too, which was my choice from several offerings. It was large enough to share with all my grandchildren and Terry and one of my children.

All in all I had a very nice birthday. the greatest part was getting to be with all of my family.
I know that the Lord put us down here for a reason. One of them is to be close to the ones we love the most. Thank you Jesus!

No comments: