Sunday, January 18, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I can't believe that I have celebrated (2) New Year's Eves in Maryland already!!

Time just seems to go by so fast. That is what they say is a sign of aging...WHO,ME???

NAH!!! NOT ME!!

I guess it really creeps up on you..... I can't believe I will be turning 67 in 2 more months! I don't know where the years have gone....My baby boy was just born a short while ago, BUT he just turned 43! My baby girl just turned 40! I guess it must be true, but you can't prove it by me.

New Year's Eve I spent the most interesting and gracefilled time I have ever experienced. I went to church...(something new for me at this Holiday...) The service was so sweet, filled with praise and worship, and prayer for the new year.

Towards the end of the evening..(way past midnight) the doors of the church opened and we could hear a group of people come in. Pastor Ben eventually called them forward. It was a whole family. (A mother and 4 teenagers..) Apparently the family was in some sort of distress. It became evident that they were all angry at each other for some reason. Pastor Ben prayed over each one, and asked them to forgive each other. Apparently the Lord poured out a blessing on each one of them, as they all began to cry and hug each other. I have never experienced anything like this in my life! It was evident that the Holy Spirit was there with them the whole time.

I did not get home until 1:45 a.m. Those of you who know me, know I am not a night owl! I wasn't even tired as I drove home and parked my van. I was met by Jules and James waiting up for me. They are always looking out for my best interests.

They are a blessing to me EVERY DAY!!
Thank You, Jesus!!

No comments: