Sunday, January 18, 2009

CHRISTMAS, 2008 (OUR FIRST ONE IN THE NEW ADDITION!)

Here it is, January 17, 2009, and I am just getting some time to bring you up to date on the Holiday season, and other events in my life. I have no excuse other than that I have to prioritize my life right now, and now I have the time to catch up.

I made my usual homemade soups and distributed them, along with my pumpkin breads to several friends. Pastor Lawson and family came the day before Christmas and had a nice lunch with me. I gave them a gift of a very special painting that my friend Dorothy McGee had done for me and, a beautiful frame I had found. I did not have any place to put it in my new apartment, so I gave it to my "son" and his family. They were blessed to receive it, and I was blessed to give it to them.

Christmas was a very nice layed back day for all of us. We opened up gifts and had a nice dinner together in our new dining room. James surprised us and bought some huge scallops, which are a favorite of mine and Jules. James broiled their's and I cooked my own with a recipe I got many many years ago from the chef at a well known restaurant in Auburn, N.Y., where Ter grew up.

We had all day to eat and enjoy each other's company. Seamus was the most excited of all! He received many great gifts from "Santa", and we just relaxed and played with him most of the day. Shamey's friend Stephanie came over and played with him that day, and he was thrilled.

I really missed Ter on that day, as I do every day, but for some reason, Christmas day is the worst time for me to be away from my loved ones.

All in all, I was glad when the day came to a close.

No comments: