Tuesday, August 12, 2008

THE AVALANCHE.....

One of God's greatest creations is getting ready to go back to HIM....
My wonderful husband, Terrence Patrick Michael O. is getting ready to leave this earth.

Somehow I can't quite get myself to believe that it is really going to happen.
It feels like an avalanche is perched right above my head and I know that it is going to start
melting, and when it does, it is going to come surging down on me, and I will be drowning in the aftermath. All I can do is pray for strength to get through it all, and keep my faith and health.

I thank God every day for allowing me to spend the last 27 years with this amazing person. He has loved me UNCONDITIONALLY for so long. His kindness and overwhelming affection have been the greatest gift ever given to me. The day I met him, I knew he was a true gentleman, and sometimes they are very hard to find.

Right now he is laying in our bed, in our temporary apartment, almost unconscious all the time.
The hospice nurses and social workers come once a week to check on him, but not much else.
If it was not for our family being close by and coming to keep me company, we would be going through all of this alone.

Some people from church have inquired by phone as to Terry's condition, but I have not asked anyone to come here. I prefer to be with my husband alone as much as possible. We still enjoy being alone together, even if he is incoherent most of the time.

The Lord has performed a miracle! Ter was on morphine every two hours for several weeks. I was praying for comfort for Terry without morphine because it was affecting his brain. So far now, he has been off of morphine for 4 days and nights, and has had NO PAIN! Praise the Lord!

Thank you to all of our family and friends who have been agreeing with us in prayer! My goal is to see Terry as comfortable as possible through the whole "transition" process.

Terry is the love of my life, and the Lord put us together for a reason. (He knew I was a mother at heart, because he made me that way...) Someday we will be united forever. Halleluiah!!

Stay tuned for more info.
God Bless you all.
from theos xxxooo

1 comment:

Rick said...

God Bless Terry and you, Donna.

This is my first visit to your blog, and wow what a visit! I'm having trouble seeing through the tears of sorrow and joy! I've been praying for strength for you and comfort and release of pain for Terry. And Praise the Lord, Terry is free!

You are and have been very blessed by Terry for all that UNCONDITIONAL love. Thank you for recognizing that gift that keeps giving, inspite of wedding vows, negative attitudes, and best intentions.

Thanks also for your kindness, concern, cooking and recipes! I feel like part of your family.

Rick
Julie's BIL, James' brother, Seamus' uncle