Tuesday, December 2, 2008

PARKER'S PLACE!!

The Lord has blessed me with a new job in the food industry!

I always knew that if anything happened to Ter before me, I would want to go back to work. I am not the type to sit home and feel sorry for myself. I asked the Lord to show me what He would have me do with my life, and to bless me in it. I asked Jules to help me to update my resume, and so I started my quest to find the perfect job for myself, (if there is such a thing!) I sent out several resumes, and got "semi interviewed" at a very well known catering service here in Riverdale. I did find out later that the caterer wanted to wait to see how the economy was going to affect his business, before he went and hired more people for the holidays.

I know someone who is a consultant for the town, and he knew of a family who wants to open a cafe that will serve "light fare", such as homemade soups, salads, sandwiches and desserts. This just happens to be what I have always specialized in...

I googled the couple and found out their background, and I called them to introduce myself. (you all know how bashful I am....).

I made a coffee date with the wife and we hit it off right away. She is very sweet, and very intelligent. Her family comes first of course, and that impressed me more than the fact that I could become a potential employee.

The same day we met, she took me to the location where her cafe would be built. Right now it is a shell of a building, but she knows alot about building and decorating.
This building is only about 8 blocks from where I live!

I was invited over to her home, which is also close to where I live..) to meet the family. I was very impressed about how much family means to both her and her husband. The fact that they are all Born Again Christians helped to make me feel more comfortable with them.

Right now I am just praising the Lord for bringing me into their path, and looking forward to the day when they break ground, and we will all become one step closer to working and serving at "PARKER'S PLACE". It should happen sometime in January, 2009. Please pray for them (and the staff that she will be hiring.)

Hope to see you there! I promise you won't be disappointed!

No comments: